Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The First E-mail! He's Alive!


Hey!  I managed to get my email set up, but it ate up about 20 minutes of my time!!!  So I'm glad to be able to finally get a hold of you guys!  MTC life is alright, we study hard, but it's usually pretty pleasant.  I'm still overcoming the anger I experienced when my account wouldn't let me in!  How is Roosevelt?  So I take it soccer has started, and pizza night has gone downhill?  haha.  I really appreciate all the letters, and hope you guys keep sending them!  My companion's name is Elder Hendrickson, from Illinois.  We have another companionship with us.  Elder Te'o is from Hawaii, and Elder Rood is from Oregon.  They're all good, and I've been getting along with them.  We're having our "p-day" today so I'm emailing you as fast as I can!  It's more like a casual friday or something like that.  We don't really get a lot of extra time, but we do get to write.  I have a good branch presidency, and my branch president even lived in the basin for 30 years or so!  His name is President Greenwood.  My district is the smallest one that I know of, there are only six of us.  We have four elders and two hermanas (sisters).   My companion is going to quito, as well as one of the sisters.  My zone has some good people in it, so no worries there.  We got to go up to the temple today and do a session.  I ran into some guy named Brother Bradley or something like that.  He gave me a big long string of advice which was actually really good!  He said to pray for the other missionaries I know individually, and to do the same for a ward if I ever give a talk.  Good guy.   I'm adjusting well and I don't think I should have any problems.  We're already praying, bearing our testimonies, and contacting in spanish!  Oh and Aaron, I have a great Bible story for you!  go to 2 Kings 2: 23-24.  I think that's the one.  It's about Elisha.  It's pretty good!  I dare you to share it in seminary!   I'll tell you more next week, because I'll be able to get onto my email the first time!  sheesh.  well that's all for now!  Don't forget to write!    - Spencer

0 comments: