We're leaving monday! I would send you some pictures but I didn't get my other memory card back yet so I'm holding on to the one I have. We leave the MTC at 4 am on monday, fly from Salt Lake to Chicago, Chicago to Miami, then Miami to Quito. We should get there sometime in the evening. It's pretty hectic but with all my MTC classes I'm used to sitting around for long periods of time. I'll be traveling with Elder Hendrickson and Hermana Cooper, so it will be good to have a couple of familiar faces on the way.We did our last session in the Provo temple today, probably the last for a couple of years. It was a great experience though. the weather is super weird over here. We keep getting really hot days, then it snows. Beats me. Sounds all the hype in Roosevelt is centered around soccer games and temple visits. Hopefully the nice man with the matches will come to his senses! I'd like somewhere to go home to once I finish serving!Random story of the day. The cafeteria has big cereal dispensers filled during every meal. At lunch yesterday our zone decided we would empty the marshmallow mateys, so we all ate several bowls each, and we did it! Completely emptied it out! It added up to about 50 bowls of cereal within our zone! Just an idea of the cheap entertainment we manage to find each day!We had to have a health meeting the other day. Interesting stuff. We talked a bit about water chlorination, and one sister goes, "how big is a drop??" So this doctor is trying to explain to her that it's just "a drop" and really not that hard to understand, but she still managed to go on for about ten minutes! At the end, the doctor goes, "you know what, sister? Just BOIL your water!" We also learned about rabies, how we'll die if we get it, and about actually cleaning the fridge out once in a while.We had Elder Pace of the Seventy come and talk to us last night. Pretty awesome experience. A lot about the Spirit world and our potential as children of God. Shared some pretty deep experiences of his. In fact, he requested that his talk not be recorded. A great testimony builder though.We also did our last teaching practice yesterday. We taught about tithing, and I've learned a lot about how it's based on faith. We also had a scenario where we had to explain that our mission leader couldn't be there because he was sick. I told the man we taught that the leader was out running, got bit by a dog with rabies, and was in the hospital getting an injection every day for ten days. He sure got a kick out of that! My spanish must be better because I managed to say it all pretty clearly!I think that should do it for now! Just make sure you don't try to send me anything that won't get here before the 19th! I might send back a box of things in order to save on space and weight. I've gained several pounds worth of books, so that could be a problem. Anyway, everbody take care and I will try to email again sometime after I get to Ecuador! If I take a long time, don't get offended! :)Love, Spencer
A Presto
-
A Presto.
L'Italia, questo non è Addio.
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and pr...
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment