Hey everyone! How´s it going?
First of all, I found the battery charger for my camera! The bad news is that this computer is really really really SLOW!
We are finding people, slowly but surely! The ward is kind of in a crisis right now because everyone is less active. Just about everyone. We´re doing what we can to fix that, so hopefully we´ll see some better attendance! Here are some of the events of this week...
1) Elder Larrea and I have discovered that immortality is something that cockroaches already have. We eventually managed to exterminate them from our apartment. You just have to stomp on them, spray them, wait a day, stomp on them a few more times, and chuck them in the garbage can.
2) A couple of punks in the street stole the coconut that I was eating. I´m not sure if you would count that as getting robbed or not. I had already drunk the milk out of it anyway. Didn´t lose much in that situation.
3) We´ve been having issues with this movie that the Evangelicals put out about seven teenagers who saw some kind of ´vision´ of what hell is like. Apparently Michael Jackson, John Lenon, and the Pope are all down there. Kind of irritating when the people are so skeptical about what we teach but will believe the first thing they see on TV...
4) The mosquitos are learning how to get inside the nets around our beds... That´s a bad thing not necessarily because of the bites, but because Elder Larrea will get up and turn on the light at 3 in the morning to go find and kill the mosquito that bit him.
Now for the more exciting events!
1) We have two investigators ready to be baptized this weekend! One is moving to another ward, but that´s not a problem since she´ll be baptized regardless.
2) We have been able to find a few more families that are really receptive and willing to listen!
3) I´m not totally wiped out at the end of the day (only a little bit), so that means I´m getting accustomed to the heat!
4) I have great family and friends that write to me so I´m not totally forgotten!
Well that´s it! More news next week, and hopefully a faster computer. Tune in next time! Glad to hear there´s another one from Roosevelt coming to Ecuador! Tell Eric to pack lots of sunscreen. And not to eat any rice before coming (he´ll get plenty down here). I don´t think they eat guinea pigs in Guayaquil, so that´s too bad that he´ll have to miss out on that! Good luck!
Bye everyone!
Elder Wallace
A Presto
-
A Presto.
L'Italia, questo non è Addio.
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and pr...
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment