Hey everybody!
This has been a very interesting week for us in Esmeraldas. We have been contacting people like crazy, and can hopefully get some of the people to progress! That´s the tough part around here. Doing more contacting unfortunately means running into a lot more hostility. But there are those that do accept, and that´s what makes the day better. You wouldn´t believe how many lost members there are down here! When the Quito mission opened, Esmeraldas was baptizing hundreds of people every month. These past few weeks we´ve found about five different lost members, as well as one dissenter (that was one messed up guy!). With all of that, we are also trying to strengthen the ward. It´s tough when nobody seems to care. But there are some really good people in the ward that help us out a lot.
I´m not sure what else to put this week... We´ve been talking to tons of people, and that´s about the extent of it. P-day is always the same, the latino missionaries don´t want to do anything but play soccer, so that´s what we end up doing. We have been teaching the Ortiz family, a family of five, that is going to come with us to conference! We´re pretty excited for that. They are really progressing and having more desires to follow the Gospel. I think I´ll try to get a picture to send sometime soon. I guess the thing I learned this week was that there´s always one great family waiting for you, even if the week was full of rejection! Thanks for your support everyone, I really enjoy hearing from you. See you next week!
Love,
Elder Wallace
0 comments:
Post a Comment