Buenas tardes mi familia y amigos!
Well I´ve got to say that this week was without a doubt one of the best that I´ve had in my 11 months as a missionary! (That´s right, I complete 11 months today!) We had a LOT of people at church yesterday, which made me super happy! I also had to give a talk, which was rather interesting. Still a bit unnerving when I have to give it in another language! But all went well.
We´ve almost got a family ready for baptism! They´re getting some of their documents in order today so that they can get married! Their names are Llimi (pronounced ´Jimmy´) and Jasmin. They are both really awesome and they came to church together for the first time yesterday! Llimi was all decked out in his slacks, white shirt, and tie (with a big old gold chain with it!). We baptized their daughter Michelle last month. Now the parents are able to get married, and they can get ready for the temple!
There are some tougher investigators as well. It´s not necessarily their fault, it´s just that they have circumstances outside their control that make things hard. One lady has some sisters who are very hard on her and don´t let her leave the house very often. Another one of our investigators has a gang of Columbians trying to kill him. So all of your prayers for them are much appreciated! We just have to do all we can and let the Lord help us with the rest.
Things I´ve learned here so far... well I think I just mentioned one in the last paragraph. I´ve also learned that the work goes a lot easier when you cultivate all the friendships that you possibly can - with the members, the investigators, and even the people you pass by on a regular basis. When you´ve got lots of friends in lots of places it makes it a lot easier because you have lots of sources of help to turn to. Also, you just have to do all you can to sincerely care for the people, to have an interest in their lives. Elder Diaz and I have been working on just getting to know the people during the first visit so that we understand them better.
There you have it. This week in Esmeraldas. Hope all is going well in freezing-cold Utah! Still feels like an oven here! It doesn´t matter, becase we´re accomplishing more than we ever have before, and that´s enough for me! Take care!
Love,
Elder Wallace
Hey! Looks like you had an awesome time! Good to hear. I will look forward to the photo book. I got grandma´s package. Nothing from Brooke yet. That is my current mail situation. I´m doing well though. Thanks for everything! I don´t think I´m hurting for anything right now. I´ve become even better at keeping a budget. I even had enough this week to go dry clean my ties! So yeah, I´ll let you know.
Love,
Spencer
0 comments:
Post a Comment