Monday, February 28, 2011

Open House

Buenos Dias familia y amigos!

I have just completed my second week in Guaranda! I think I´m getting the hang of how the work goes around here. It´s been a little tough though, since I´ve been having to go to so many meetings! I´ve travelled about four times in the last couple of weeks. Now I´m going to travel to Quito tomorrow for another meeting. It´s kind of tiring, but I am very grateful that I no longer have to travel from Esmeraldas to Quito. No more having to gain 10,000 feet in elevation every time I go to Quito!

Well, we had a highlight of the week, which I would like to share with all of you. This week we had an OPEN HOUSE! It was really cool, and we had all sorts of stations set up in the classrooms. The members taught about the Book of Mormon, the temple, the traditions that we have, and many other things.

I´ll have to admit, I was really worried at first! Nobody was coming! I think we had about two people for the first half hour! So we took action. The four of us missionaries went out into the street, along with some of the members. Then we went crazy inviting every single person that passed by! Nobody escaped without getting invited to the open house! It was a lot of fun, although I think we scared quite a few people! (There were some who actually ran away when they saw us coming!) Regardless of all that, we filled every single room that the members were teaching in! We ended the open house with 10 referrals. It was really amazing, considering the way things looked when we began.

So that just goes to show, the Lord doesn´t give us success instantly. We have to go and do! Even though it might seem hard, or inconvenient, or even crazy, we have to get up and work for our success. Grabbing random people off the streets seemed a bit crazy at first, but it helped us have success. I´m very grateful that our efforts were blessed so well. I´ll let you all know how it goes with the referrals! Take care everybody!

Love,

Elder Wallace

0 comments: