Monday, October 24, 2011

Change It Up!


Transfers today!

Luckily, I didn´t go anywhere!  Our zone sure took a beating though.  We lost half the missionaries that we had, and they took both the missionaries out of one sector.  They will put in two new ones.  Kind of rotten luck, but we´ll do what we can!  Right now Elder Adams is with me and my comp.  His companion is coming all the way from Puyo, which is pretty much one of the other extremes of the mission (the orient).  The good news is that I got a call this morning from Elder Cruz (my greenie in Guaranda).  He´s got a greenie of his own now!  Cool stuff.

This week´s news... we had another baptism!  That always makes us happy.  Just an 11 year-old this time, but a really cool one.  His name is Vinicio.  His aunt Mercedes is a member and she is the one who is legally responsible for him.  She was afraid of her catholic mom getting mad at her if she let him get baptized.  But we encouraged her and now she´s doing great!  I´ll send photos next week (forgot my camera).  But Vinicio is a future missionary.  We asked him about his Book of Mormon reading and he proceeded to spout off an entire history starting with Moroni and ending with the publication in 1823 (even I didn´t remember that!).  He´s very ´pilas´, as they like to say here.

Other Ibarra happenings: We have district conference next week, and President Ghent will be coming!  Hopefully there´s a good tongue-lashing in store!  (President Sloan always taught us that if someone truly cares about us, they will give us correction!).  Then the beginning of November, Elder Uceda is going to visit our mission (from the area presidency).  That should be pretty cool.  Our branch president started an activity where we all pair off in companionships and visit the people who weren´t at church.  We do that every Sunday afternoon.  We´re happy about it, now just have to keep bugging him about having branch counsel!  We had a movie night this last Friday, which we used as an opportunity to give some of our newer investigators a tour of the chapel.  It went well (we put on Kung Fu Panda 2!!).  The district president supports us a lot when we want to do activities, so it´s pretty easy to do them.        

So... in response to some of the questions and things like that...  In a package... how about a a nice jar of peanut butter?  Haven´t had that in a while.  The crunchy kind.  If not, then perhaps some m&ms.  I also have a question.  It appears that the people´s names are being censored from the blog.  What´s going on there?  I´d prefer not to lose their names!  I´ll remember my camera next time because there´s always more to talk about when there are pictures involved!  Here´s one my comp sent me.  Maybe I need to change my preaching techniques...  

Well, until next week!  I´ll be enduring to the end!  (although the word ´´endure´´ makes it sound like something painful!  I assure you I´m enjoying the work I do!).

Love,

Elder Wallace


0 comments: