Well hi!
Well, conference weekend was great! I got lucky too, because there´s a little cable hook-up next to the baptismal font that I hooked a TV up to so we could watch in English! Everything worked out great, and we had a lot of success getting investigators to the conference. We also got Luis baptized! He said later that he was nervous, but that he feels really happy now. Today we travelled to Quito with Maria Mora, one of our investigators, so she could get interviewed by President Ghent. She passed and will be baptized along with her son this next weekend!
As far as other activities... we did an ´invasion´ in Tulcan, looking for new people. It went great! We even found a long-lost church member who had been out of touch for a while because there is no church in his city. He was great though. He told us he knew that Joseph Smith was the first prophet in the latter days, and that he knew that Spencer W. Kimball is the present-day prophet (just a LITTLE out of touch, wouldn´t you think?).
So now we´re in Quito, and we have a couple of meetings tomorrow and on Wednesday. As for visits to places when it´s time for me to leave... I would like to visit some people in Quito and in Guaranda. I´m not sure about Esmeraldas because it´s a little out of the way, not to mention dangerous. We´ll see. I´d like to check out Baños, maybe a bit of the Orient. If we want to climb a mountain, there´s Chimborazo as well as Cotapaxi. We can decide which one later. We can check out Otavalo as well. So there are some ideas. Hope they´re of help! See you all next week.
Love,
Elder Wallace
0 comments:
Post a Comment