Monday, January 30, 2012

Exploring


Well, this week we did a lot of... exploring!  As the subject line suggests.  We figured that the places we were contacting weren`t bringing too many results, so we decided to spread out a bit. 

Needless to say, my legs are a bit sore, but we found a good family.  We divided ourselves with another companionship and started searching.  It was surprising this time because we got received by the fifth door that we knocked on.  Shocking!  We shared a bit about the family, and then we explained that there are living prophets in the world today.  The wife asked us, ´´and how can I know that that`s all true?´´  We were happy to hear that!  We have high hopes for them.  I also got a kick out of their last name, ´´Lala´´ (seriously!)

Apart from that, it`s been the normal stuff.  We had the stake president come to our ward this last Sunday, which was good because he got everybody more excited.  We`re also doing visits as a ward every fourth Sunday.  Exciting.  I´ll get to do it one more time!  But we did get a good referral from a sister that we visited.  She offered us dinner on Wednesday as well!  I knew there was a reason that we support the ward activities!  

Today we played a bit of frisbee with the other missionaries, ate some pizza, and tried a little juice shop down the street from my house.  It was tasty.  They used three grapefruits to make mine.  It was pretty powerful stuff.  I`m just hoping that I don`t end up with any undesirable after-effects.  

So........... we`re going to do an activity for the last few emails.  Send me some questions to answer.  That should help me have more to talk about.  But interesting questions!  I will find out about the van drivers.  There are also some taxi drivers that they have on the list.  I think I`m also going to look up some of the members after I get home, and we could work everything out from there.  

Love,

Elder Wallace

PS - I beat my companion at Yu-gi-oh the other day.  I feel rather nerdy.  

0 comments: