Monday, January 23, 2012

Stop Asking Me How Much Time I Have Left.


The first week has passed with my new companion.  Quite well, actually.  He sure likes Yu-gi-oh.  He wants to teach me to play.  I guess it would be a valuable skill for the real world.  

So everything is going pretty well, I´m just slightly tired of getting asked how much time I have left.  But apart from that, it´s been good.  The members have been giving us referrals, so we will be busy tracking all of them down this week.  We are also working on getting some more baptisms planned.  Daniela´s mom is now studying antimormon literature under the direction of her pastor, so she´s working to find out where her dad lives so he can give signed permission.  Supposedly he is living somewhere in Quito.  We´ll see how that works out.  We also have a new investigator named Lucy, who lives just down the street from us.  The only thing is that she seems to have problems with some chulqueros (people who lend money to you and then hunt you down when you don´t pay), so we may have to drop her if she doesn´t progress.  

Today we just went to the offices to get mail, did a bit of shopping, and now we´re headed back to Conocoto.  Any questions?  Not really much to report on this week, but we´ll have more very soon!  I´ll try to get some more pictures going your way.

Love,

Elder Wallace

0 comments: