Feliz Navidad y Año Nuevo!
Well I'm going to be brief with this letter, since we had the Christmas phone call and you've already heard the majority of what's been going on around here!
We had a nice Christmas, not many people at home though. We did manage to find some sober people to talk to. We also had dinner with the Lucero family. They're pretty great. They all liked the root beer I made, and we had a great time. Now we are focusing on getting some of the members to fellowship our investigators. That's the tough part around here. If we can get them some friends, we should be able to get a lot more baptisms going.
Speaking of which, we baptized Jeffrey yesterday. That went well. He has lots of support from his aunt and uncle, now hopefully we can get his mom a bit more active. I forgot my camera though. I'll have to ask one of the members to lend me a picture.
So grandma and grandpa had a break-in?? Dang. Makes me glad all the houses here have double doors with bars over all the windows. We've never had much of a problem with drunks. I had to step over them all the time on the sidewalks in Quito, but here it's not too bad.
Ok, I'll send some pictures now. Wait. No I won't. I forgot my cable! Sorry! I'll get some headed your way next week! Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Miss you all! Great talking to all of you though.
Chao!
Elder Wallace
0 comments:
Post a Comment