Monday, December 6, 2010

Feliz Navidad...Well Almost...























Some photos of the baptism we had the other week, the national census (cops everywhere!), and some of the little critters that hang around in our new apartments (I prefer them over the roaches any day!).


Buenas Tardes!

So how about that Christmas devotional?  It was pretty awesome I must say!  I was just grateful to be able to watch it in English!  That backdrop they used kind of hurt my eyes though!  I kind of felt like I was watching Jay Leno or something like that.  I really enjoyed Elder Uchtdorf´s talk.  Silly little Whos.  Great message to think about.

This week´s big goal for me and Elder Diaz...  contacting tons of people!  I was looking through the area book and discovered that the past missionaries have been visiting the same few people for about a year, with nearly nothing to show for it.  So we´ve been searching people from every mountain, and from every hill, and from out of the holes of the rocks (scripture mastery!).  It´s starting to pay off!  We even had a man accept a baptismal date on the first visit!  Still a lot to do though.  We´ll see how it all goes.

Well this week has been a bit of a transition period, so no big stories this time.  Oh wait, I lied.  I´ll tell you about the old guy that we have to run from!  He keeps trying to ask us for money!  The first time we had nothing with us.  The second time I gave him a quarter so he could ´go to the market´.  The third and fourth times I decided that he´s just trying to take advantage of us.  And he keeps following us every time he sees us!  It would freak me out so much if he didn´t carry a big huge knife in his belt.  Hopefully he won´t cause us any trouble.  We have to move quick though!  No near-death experiences have occurred as of yet.  I pray that it stays that way!

How about some photos?  I´ll see what I can do about that.  Take care!

Love,

Elder Wallace

0 comments: