Monday, July 11, 2011

Explanations



Hey Everyone!

We had a great week this week!  Five baptisms in the district!  The other elders baptized the Saltos family, and Elder Cruz and I baptized Consuelo.  Both have great stories behind them, so I´ll tell you a bit.

A couple of months ago, I was on splits with one of our zone leaders.  We´d just finished a baptism, and we still had about 15 minutes before it was time to be in the house.  So we decided to get hot dogs!  At the hot dog stand we met a lady named Lucy, who was with her two kids buying hot dogs.  So we started talking to her and I took down her name and address so we could visit her.  She lives in the other elders´ area, so I gave them the referral.  Turns out her husband was trying to get closer to God, and was really receptive to the visits of the missionaries.  It all turned out well in the end!  I also got to baptize the son.  The four of them are Remigio (the dad), Lucy, Alicia, and Mustafá (that was a fun name to remember!)

Consuelo was a referral from one of our members.  She´d been through a lot on life and accepted a baptismal date right off the bat.  She was going to be baptized this coming Saturday, but she told me about five days ago, ´´Elder Wallace, why did you put my baptismal date so far away?  I want to get baptized now!´´  To tell you the truth that kind of took me by surprise, because that is really NOT something you usually hear from investigators!  So we rushed one of our zone leaders out to Guaranda and she was baptized this last weekend!  I got to baptize her as well.  

The rest of the pictures are from a presentation that we did in one of the parks in Riobamba (two hours away from my area, but it was still fun).  Also of some of the food we like to make on P-days.  So that´s it for now!  Hope everyone is well, and I´ll talk to you next week!

The church is true!
Elder Wallace











0 comments: