Monday, August 8, 2011

Otavalo


How´s it going?

I´ve been transferred!  Like I said before, I´m in Otavalo.  It´s a pretty place, we went up to a waterfall called Peguche today.  The members are really great, and the church is a lot bigger here!  When I arrived I was told that I was only allowed to baptize the indigenous people here.  I thought to myself, ´wow, that´s pretty racist´.  But I discovered why yesterday morning.  The sacrament meetings are in Quichua!  I didn´t understand a thing!  So the ward mission leader said he would help teach me if I teach him English.  So we´ll have to see how that goes.  

We have a lot of potential here as far as baptisms.  If all goes as planned, we should finish the month with 6 or more.  Pretty much everyone has a ponytail, and everybody´s involved in some kind of artisanship.  They get pretty wealthy doing it too!




Well here are some pictures, if I can get them on here!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like a beautiful place!!!:):):)

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.