Monday, September 26, 2011

Here Comes Conference!

Well it´s been quite the week here, with a lot of challenges!  But we´re working things out!

We´re getting ready for tons of things right now!  We have a zone conference tomorrow, as well as General Conference.  I got really lucky this time because the chapel is two blocks from my house!  

This week we spent a lot of time helping the other missionaries out.  We spent a day up in Tulcan, which was COLD!  Really neat though.  Besides all the students who were rioting... some kind of protest I think.  We ran for it when we saw a cop coming with a gas mask hanging around his neck.  Nothing bad happened though.  To us anyway!  The elders in Tuclan are doing great, considering the place was kind of a mess when they got there.  Now they have a lot of families listening to them, and the district president is very happy with them.  Here in Ibarra is going well too, we just have to get the members more involved because the investigators tend to get scared a lot.  But we´re working on that.  Our hope for this week is that Luis gets baptized.  He´s an investigator who has attended church for the last four months, but hasn´t made the decision to get baptized yet.  But he´s close!  He asked for an appointment this week with the branch president, and he also asked us if the water in the font was cold.  We took him there and showed him, then said, ¨we´ll fill it up for you right now if you´d like!¨  Might have scared him just a bit!  We´re also working with a lady named Maria and her two kids.  Also very close, she just has some things she needs to take care of first.  So I should be able to send a few good baptism photos over the next few weeks!  

That´s the news for now!  I forgot the charger for my camera in Guaranda, so I´m still waiting for the missionaries there to send it to me.  Hopefully soon, eh?  I want to take some photos!

Love,

Elder Wallace

0 comments: