Monday, November 14, 2011

Conocoto

Well here we are again!

Conocoto is kind of off to the side of Quito.  It takes us about 30 minutes to get to the main city.  We went there this last Friday to listen to one of the seventy, Elder Uceda.  He was a great speaker, and we learned a lot from him.  I was even one of the missionaries that he interviewed!  A very short and simple interview, but powerfull.  He counseled us all to work more effectively with the members.  Brother Rivera, the high council member in charge of the mission work, talked with us yesterday and told us of his plan to whip all the members of the ward into shape and get them working.  Needless to say, I was happy to speak with him, and I´m glad we have leader support here.  

This week we´ve been getting to know this area!  My companion, Elder Housley, has only been in the area for two weeks, and has only been in the mission for two months.  He´s from Draper, and we´ve been getting along great!  He likes to sing, so we´ve been singing to people at their doors to get them to accept us!  It´s worked pretty well so far.  It´s still a little early in the work for any stories, so it´s going to be short this week.  Sorry!  

In the meantime, I´m just working, hoping for a package (and that it didn´t get lost), and finishing strong.  More stories and pictures to follow next week!

Love,

Elder Wallace

0 comments: