Monday, November 28, 2011

Mission Accomplished! Well, This One Anyway...


Well, it was a great week!  David got baptized!

Also learned some interesting things about the baptismal font here.  Like how the water heater doesn´t work too well. And how the water comes out yellow (good thing Elder Housley was the one getting in there!).  The baptism went pretty well though.  David was kind of nervous, but he´s doing great now!  He knew it was the right thing to do and now he is very happy for having done it.  Now we´re focusing on the Morales family, one that we found a couple of weeks ago.  The dad is very interested in what we share, and he really liked the Book of Mormon when we gave it to him.  We´re going to visit them tonight with Bishop Catucuago and his wife.  Apart from them, we´re working with Sister Castro and her husband.  Sister Castro is from Manabi (the coast) and happens to be our star mamita of the week.  She cooks so well!  Her husband is not a member, despite having known the church for some time and for being such a good guy.  We found out last night that he has seen some bad examples on part of the members, and is afraid of not being able to set a good example once he is baptized.  So we´re working with him.  Hopefully I will stay here for the rest of my mission to be able to see how he progresses.  

Thanksgiving was good. (Also send Alexis my slightly-belated birthday wishes before she leaves!)  It rained a lot, we knocked on lots of doors, and we also took an hour to have dinner!  With our limited resources and lack of eloquent cooking skills, we decided to have pancakes with kool-aid.  Also sliced bananas, wafer cookies, and oreos.  Not exactly traditional, but it filled me up for the moment!  I think we might see if we can arrange Christmas dinner with a member.  Who knows... this week we have transfers, so we´ll see what happens.  I just hope I don´t get changed again!  Kind of tiring.  I spend the first 17 months of the mission in 3 different cities, then the next 4 1/2 months in 3 more.  Interesting how that happens.  We shall see though!  I guess I had better talk to Elder Whitlock about van drivers.  Or I could just not send David´s baptismal record so that he´ll call me asking for it!  Maybe that´s not such a good idea.  Either way, thank you for writing me, and talk to you next week!

Love,

Elder Wallace



0 comments: