Well hi!
First thing´s first... I´ve become the victim of ´´emergency transfers´´. I´m in Quito again, in a place called Los Chillos. It should be interesting. My companion is Elder Housely, a newer missionary, and he´s from the states! That´s the first time in my entire mission! I´ll miss Ibarra, but I won´t be too sad because all of our progressing investigators got baptized and we´re in the process of getting more to progress. I´m actually in the terminal right now, waiting for the missionaries to come get me! So We´ll see how this first week goes. I´m in charge of a district of 8 missionaries, but it´s in a zone that usually enjoys a lot of success. Hopefully I can keep that up!
So my last week in Ibarra... we got Andrés confirmed, which was good because he was feeling pretty nervous. Then we had a miracle in the other branch, where they had an investigator who wanted to get baptized. So I interviewed her that morning, we baptized her while the sacrament meeting was going on, then we took her across the hall to get confirmed in the meeting! Typical apostasy of the Ibarra district. It´s what we do!
What else... I was on splits with the elders in Tulcán this last Friday, and we were searching for people in a little border town called Tufiño. We crossed a bridge to get to a nearby neighborhood, and started talking with the people. We asked one family if the Columbian border was close. They responded, ´´You´re already in Columbia! The border is back there!´´. So that was my interesting experience of the week. Wandering into Columbia by mistake.
So I think that´s pretty much all for now. I wouldn´t mind coming back to Ecuador a couple weeks after my release date. It would be fun.
Love,
Elder Wallace
0 comments:
Post a Comment