Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sequeman las papas!

what?  no email for me?   I feel neglected!  Actually I got a lot of your dearelders so that's okay.  Anyway, I actually got into my email on the first try this week!  Thank goodness for that.  Also, I will be mailing my memory card to you sometime this week.  Probably tonight or tomorrow.  I'm glad mom and dad made it home from Guatemala safely!  We haven't really learned much about what Ecuador will be like.  Mostly just the word of other people who had friends go there.  I hear that some flea spray would probably be a good idea.  President Greenwood tells the greatest stories about his mission!  He says he was in El Salvador on his mission, and they were at war with Honduras at the time.  They declared war on each other over a soccer match!  Anyway, he says his mission home got bombed while they were asleep, but since they didn't have very good war stuff, it just rattled all the bricks and knocked him out of bed.  He also said they would have issues with fleas in their beds, so he would roll them up in his hands and break their legs, and have his "own little flea circus" because they would be bouncing around trying to jump away, only their legs were broken.  Ha!  Pretty funny stories.  I talked to an Elder Elliott who says his cousin is dating Megan Ashby!  Also, I met an Elder Lisonbee who says he's related to some people in Roosevelt, but not the Lisonbees we know.  And Elder Moser from my zone knows the Lisonbees because Tyler almost married his sister, or so he says.  Small world.  Food here is pretty good, although it tends to mess up your... regularity...  It's pretty good for the most part though.  Except for the waffles.  The waffles here are terrible.  Besides that, it's good.   I completely lost my voice last week, which made things a bit difficult for contacting in spanish and things like that, but I'm over it now.  Spanish is coming along nicely, I'm learning more and more, I could actually understand some people we practiced with.  We do practice stuff once a week with native spanish speakers.  We had to pretend we were taking this old Mexican couple to church.  I could actually make a bit of small talk with them!  Then we prepped for a lesson and taught them (in English for the time being).  They didn't really know much English though, so I'm sure they knew how we all felt!

All in all, everything is going pretty well. We get to go to the temple on Wednesdays if I haven't mentioned that already.  It's a great blessing.  Elder Robbins left this week I believe.  That is about all.  I'm out of things to say.  The end.  How is everything in Roosevelt?  I've heard a lot about Guatemala!  Now how about some stories of home from a family perspective?  I sure do feel good getting letters from everybody though!  It makes my district kind of jealous.  :)   I also think I might be just about the only elder who eats the vegetable part of the entrees that they serve here!  haha.  Anyway, love you all, and let me know how you're doing!

0 comments: