Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This week we practiced more contacts, in spanish.  They talk so fast but I'm slowly starting to understand what they're saying.  I've been able to see Elders Robbins, Berlin, and Syndergaard all pretty frequently.  I did get a picture with Karsen before he left.  How is Guatemala?  Sounds like lots of vendors, volcanoes, and Catholics!  I appreciate getting your letters, they really mean a lot.  I'll send some letters back for times sake with all the fun stuff, and I'll give you all the main idea in the emails.  My branch president is a really great guy, his name is President Greenwood, and I think he knows the Felsteds.  He taught and had a ranch in Duchesne for 20 years so he is familiar with the basin.  He also knows Bishop Dennis and his dad.  Pretty interesting.  We have really great firesides on tuesday and sunday, and films on sundays.  Oh by the way mom, you mentioned a nonmember friend in Texas?  You could refer her and I could call her from the referral center!  Just an idea.  We've been practicing how to teach according to each person's needs.  I can also bear my testimony and pray in spanish pretty well!  This morning I went to get some chocolate milk towards the end of breakfast but the guy had closed off the machine.  But then he said, "if you can bear your testimony in your mission language, I'll open it back up for you."  I've never had a tastier glass of chocolate milk!   We also sing all of our hymns in spanish, which is interesting.  Jeff was right, it is a lot of class, but we do get a lot of time where we get to decide what to do.  That's my favorite, and I do my best to make it productive.  So dad and Aaron, how's the soccer stuff going?  they might cut some people???  wow.  never thought I'd see the day.  Jessica - terribly sorry about all of the essays you have to write!  If it makes you feel better, I have to write a 5-minute talk every week and have it ready by sunday - in Spanish!  We get randomly called up to speak.  I haven't had to yet but I'm sure it will be soon.  Nate - I'm glad you get your own room and that you'll actually miss me for BOTH of the years!  hope to keep hearing from you!  Tanner- your letters have me somewhat baffled.  I guess part of it was Jess misquoting you, but the rest?  No, I am not offended that you used my full name.  Why is there a warrant out for me?  Why did you sign your letter Rudy/Tanner?  I'm not sure If I have time to convert 75,000 people.  It made me laugh though.  well, the little timer in the corner of my email is starting to flash, so I'd better wrap this up!  Hope you are all doing well, and that you keep writing!  Love you all!  I also want to share my favorite scripture story of the week!  I like when Elijah takes on the priests of baal.  That would take so much faith and courage!  There was one of him, and 450 of them!  I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to call down fire from heaven, but I'll still work hard!  Talk to all of you in a week!  Love, Spencer

0 comments: