Things are going pretty well here! I´ve learned a lot more Spanish and killed the fleas! (My bed smells like a giant can of mosquito repellent, but it was worth it). We´ve been picking up new investigators pretty constantly, and the ones we have are for the most part progressing nicely. We have two baptisms in two weeks, one of which I will be doing! Good thing I memorized the prayer while I was in the MTC!
The chicken feet soup didn´t really bother me. It´s actually rather tasty. Maybe I´ll make all my chicken soup like that when I get home (maybe not, since finding chicken feet would be a challenging task in the states!). My policy with foods that I don´t recognize is this: don´t examine it or ask any questions, just eat it. It´s worked for me quite nicely. We´ve had some interesting drinks, usually with a really tomato-like or strong citrus taste. Most are really good. Some have been not so much to my liking, but I get around that by just chugging it while nobody´s looking. Most effective.
Thanks for all the advice on keeping the Spirit and on working hard! It helps a lot. Time has really started to fly here, since Tuesday-Saturday feels like one big day. I´m able to teach more and more, and the people are actually understanding most of what I say! I´m still working on getting to know all the streets and areas, but that is coming along nicely. Since yesterday we had our phone call, there´s not much else for me to say! Hope everything continues to go well for everybody, and I will talk to you all next week!
Love,
Spencer
A Presto
-
A Presto.
L'Italia, questo non è Addio.
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and pr...
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment