Monday, May 31, 2010

Last Week of Transfers!

Hello everybody!

This is the very last week of transfers!  I don´t know whether I´ll be staying here in Chillogallo, or being sent somewhere else!  We´ll have to see.  I just hope it is somewhere up in the mountains where it isn´t so hot!  I learned that they are just getting done with ´winter´ here, so I don´t know what summer is going to be like!! 

This week has been a good one.  Things are going well with my companion and with the investigators also.  We gave the chastity lesson to the couple, and they took it very well.  I´m grateful that they have sincere desires to accept the gospel.  They´re going to try to be ready to be baptized by the end of the month!  They´re pretty great.  I went on splits with our ward mission leader, Edison, to go and visit Rosa, an investigator who is going to be baptized this saturday.  (She lives up on this really steep hill, and Edison´s a big guy, I was a bit worried about whether he would make it!)  We taught her a lot of things, but the highlight was definitely teaching about taking care of our bodies.  Mostly because when I mentioned that the women should only wear one pair of earrings, she misunderstood me and thought I meant that she could only OWN one pair of earrings!  I don´t think I´ve ever seen a more frightened face on any of our investigators!  She understood everything though!  I´ve also found out that the Fall is probably the most difficult part of the entire Plan of Salvation to explain.  A lot of misconceptions about it around here.  One lady that we visited asked us about ¨hombres monos¨  (¨monkey-men¨), but she finally understood that Adam and Eve did NOT have fur, and were just like any one of us.  Glad that got cleared up! Probably our hardest investigator is a man named Darwin.  His wife is a member, but he has doubts.  He´s very educated and asks some tough questions.  We even devoted one morning of companionship study just to prepare to teach him!  I wonder if he thinks Adam and Eve evolved from apes... (that would be ironic wouldn´t it?  Seeing as his name is Darwin...).  Anyway, lots of testimony is required!  That tends to work better than anything else.  He said if he received an answer, he would be baptized.  So now we just need him to pray for one. 

What else...?  It´s pretty much been the same routine really.  I hope all is well in Roosevelt and that have been no wind-storm casualties!  That´s one thing I don´t miss!  Way to go Tanner on the mini-marathon!  Best wishes to everyone, and talk to you all next week!

0 comments: