Spencer, Nicol, Elder Fuentes
Rosa Sanmartin
Spencer at Ibarra
I´ve officially finished my first transfer! (which they say is the hardest, I hope that´s true!) I´m staying in the same place, which I am very grateful for, since I´ve been sick since thursday and didn´t want to pack! I guess I lucked out there! I´m still a bit queasy, but the good news is that my head has stopped throbbing and I no longer feel like blacking out. Good deal!
Elder Fuentes has gone to a place called ¨Puyo¨, which is in the Orient region of the country, and my companion is now Elder Corado from Guatemala. He seems like a really good missionary. He´s been on his mission for six months, so we´re both fairly new. It´s going to be a bit harder finding all of the places around here, since Elder Fuentes had been here for almost eight months, but on the plus side, Elder Corado is trying to learn English, which means language study time!!!
We had another baptism on Saturday, Rosa Sanmartin (23), and have three more scheduled for the 19th! Elder Corado and I discovered a giant stash of references in the apartment, so we should have no problem at all keeping busy! We´ll have to see tonight!
With the baptism and the transfers, that´s about all that´s happened of significance in the last week. We´ve been prepping our other investigators, and striving to find more! So that´s all for this week! I´ve been kind of out of it, so next week will be better! (hopefully!).
As a random ending thought, one of the kids here showed me his science project of the Solar System. Turns out, in Ecuador, Pluto is still considered a planet! I´m glad someone still believes in Pluto.
Take care everyone! Enjoy your summer!
Love,
Spencer
0 comments:
Post a Comment