Hello again everyone!
First of all, I GOT TO TRY CUY!!! (guinea pig, for those who don´t know). It´s delicious! Very rich tasting. And a member family has invited us over for some more this afternoon! Quite good. I also had some soup that had duck in it (pretty good). I also ate an entire chicken foot (it´s not much different than the rest of the chicken, you just have to spit out a lot of little bones!). That´s about all as far as food goes.
Investigators... We have tons! Some pretty interesting ones as well. We had a lady who talked incessantly about how she thinks the spirit of her father-in-law was in her bed. We were kind of at a loss for words on that one. Hopefully we can clear everything up on the next visit! We also visited a man who was receptive, then kept spouting off endless streams of Bible references on the second visit. Turns out he attends church with the Jehovah´s Witnesses, who put him up to the Bible references (which really made no sense, I think their religous beliefs are explained quite well by 2 Nephi 28:7). We asked him to look up a scripture in the New Testament that doesn´t exist in the JW Bible. He was rather flustered when he only found a verse number with nothing there. He said it told him ¨to consult the anciano (their leader)¨ about what should be there. That´s been the source of many jokes between Elder Corado and I all week. We should probably stop doing that. But he seems receptive enough to be teachable, so hopefully we can help him find the truth!
We had a baptism on Saturday of Michelle Santa Cruz, because we finally got permission from her mom! So all of that stress is gone, and we can focus on challenging more people! We´re trying for about six or seven for July! I don´t think we´ll have much of a problem there. We have a great family that we´re teaching, with three kids who aren´t members. We actually found them when we got lost looking for a reference. Turns out that we ran into them because they were going back to their house by a different road than usual. A pretty awesome experience, they were definitely prepared to meet us! That´s not a coincidence!
I don´t have my camera with me right now, but I´ll definitely send pictures as soon as possible! Hope everyone is well and having a great summer!
Love,
Spencer
0 comments:
Post a Comment