Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Week!


Baptism of Michelle Santa Cruz (she's a bit shy)


My bananas!

Hello once again!
This year was probably the most interesting 4th of July that I´ve ever had (considering nobody here cares).  We went on exchanges for the afternoon, and I went with Elder Woods, who is also from the states.  We made french fries and spoke lots of English.  That was about the extent of my celebrating!   This was also my third fast sunday in this area, I hope more are to follow!  It´s a good area.  We only had one lady preaching apostasy in testimony meeting, so there weren´t too many problems.  The bishop set everything straight in the end! 
We have 3 new baptismal dates!  Three kids whose mom is an inactive member.  They´re great.  I´ll have to send a picture of them.  We also have three more investigators progressing, so more challenges are in order! 
Not much else happened this week.  We have been running around like crazy teaching people.  We´re up to our necks in people to teach, and we have interviews as well as a zone conference this week, so things will be pretty hectic!  I just kind of wish that it would stop raining!  I should also probably find out where in the world the post office is... We´ve been looking for weeks with no luck! 
That´s about all!  I´ll end with my testimony!  I´ve come to know more fully how the Book of Mormon has everything we need to know to live in a way pleasing to the Lord.  I always had chapters that I thought of as ´golden´, but the more I read, the more I realize that the whole thing is ´golden´!  It can answer any question that the people here may have, and I know that if we live the teachings found in the Book of Mormon, we can find greater happiness in both this life and the next.  I´ve seen it happen several times in only two months!  The Gospel changes lives and makes people happier.  Many people have desires to live it, but don´t know where to find it.  That is why I´m here!
Hope all is well, and that Nate will eventually be able to chew things again!  Great to see those temple pics you sent me, way to go on the baptisms!  That´s an opportunity that I really miss.  Did you get to do them in the Salt Lake temple?  Beautiful font there.  Anyway, take care, and have a great summer!  (I´m glad you all had fun at Lake Powell, nice to see Aaron putting my Hawaiian shirts to good use!) 
Love,
Spencer

0 comments: