Sunday, July 18, 2010

Time Is Flying!

Buenas Tardes from Ecuador!

This has been a great week!  First of all, we have a golden investigator!  Or should I say, THE golden investigator!  Her name is Nelly, a single mother with six kids, and I think she has more faith than the majority of church members do!  We challenged her to baptism the second time we taught her, and she accepted!  She understands the doctrine very well, and her baptism is this Saturday!

We also have the 3 kids I mentioned before with a baptismal date for the 24th.  I´m not sure if I´ll be able to see their baptism, it all depends on whether or not I get switched this next Monday (we have changes then).  Everything is great, and our zone is the most successful in the mission right now.  Elder Corado and I have been feeling great lately!  Our goal right now is talking to everyone we see and sharing the Gospel as much as possible.  Even the taxi drivers!  (Although that is a bit less promising, one last night turned out to be very anti-American, and the one before that wouldn´t talk because he was mad at us for making him drop his price).  That´s okay.  There are plenty more people to talk to.

We have had conferences and meetings all week, so it´s a bit of a relief to rest from all of that!  President Sloan gave us some very good lessons on the Atonement, which has helped us teach with a lot more power.  It´s helped a lot, and we´ve been making goals to testify of Christ and His Gospel in every lesson, no matter which lesson it is.  That helps a lot, because really, this is HIS Gospel and everything we teach is connected to Him in some way or another.  We just have to help the people realize that.  We´ve also been working on teaching powerful lessons to the members so that they will have stronger testimonies and that we can get more referrals from them.  That is usually the most successful way to find people.  

That´s pretty much it for this week!  Glad to hear that Ryan is doing well in Scotland!  I think I´d rather ride a double decker bus than one of the rickety ones here!  The people here are really bad drivers, but I love them anyway!  How about all my other missionary friends?  Any word from them?  Hope all is well for everyone, whether at home or out in the mission field!  The church is true!

Love you all!

Elder Wallace




0 comments: