Monday, July 19, 2010

Transfer #3!

The baptism of Marcelo (his dad had that look on his face all during the talk I gave, a bit unnerving!)


A cute little rabbit.  (He was cuter when he was still alive, but he tasted delicious anyway!)








Buenas Tardes Todos!

We´ve had transfers again!  Elder Corado and I were both really nervous about what would happen, but we lucked out and are both staying in Chillogallo, with Elder Corado as our new district leader!  I´m glad I didn´t get transferred anywhere because when you do get transferred, your p-day is basically shot.  But it´s all good, and we have big plans for all of our investigators!

Sadly, Nelly´s baptism fell through, hopefully we can help her get all her priorities straightened out.  But the three kids that we have been teaching are all ready!  There mom actually came to church this Sunday (she´s been inactive for several years)!  She mentioned that she was having a hard time with life in general, so we reminded her that the guidance of the Spirit would help.  To getting that guidance means taking the sacrament and renewing baptismal covenants.  Must´ve clicked with her because she came!  We´re feeling pretty great about their family right now.  Maybe we can even get their dad to start taking the lessons... we shall see.

The tricky part of our work right now is helping people to progress.  I think that should be better this next month because the mundial is over!  It´s also tough finding the people because the addresses here are really weird, and there are lots of Catholics that lie to us about where the streets are.  Oh well.  Reguardless, this is God´s work and nothing can stop it!  

Finally, I´ll send a picture of a delicious dinner that we had with some members.  Enjoy!  Hope everybody is doing well and having a great summer!

Love, 

Elder Wallace

0 comments: