Here are the three Lovato kids who were baptized Saturday. Juan Andres is the boy, Katherine is the older girl. I baptized the two of them. The youngest is Vanessa, baptized by Elder Corado.
This next week will be pretty wild. There´s a big leader´s meeting that goes all of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so Elder Corado will be gone. I will stay in the area and work with an Elder from Mexico who´s been here for one week. Just a little pressure there! I guess the meeting is a big deal, and that there´s going to be worldwide changes for every mission. Just a bit nervous for that. We´ve been trying to think of some possibilities of what is going to happen. Here are a few of our more paranoid imaginings...
Possibility #1 - They´re going to make us get up at 5:30.
Possibility #2 - They´re going to do away with P-days.
Possibility #3 - They´re going to bring back the old ´without purse or script´ policy.
If the changes are any less than that, I think everything will be fine!
So we´ve been having success in getting people to progress, and with getting references! We decided that we´re not going to contact houses as much because it isn´t very efficient. I got cussed out by a guy the other day. Thanks to Edison´s 3 year-old, I knew exactly what he called me! Not very nice! Luckily the majority of people here are great. We are teaching a girl named Nicól, whose parents aren´t members but who has some aunts who are. Her mom was kind of suspicious at first, but not too long ago she told us that she wanted to listen too because her daughter wasn´t as rebelious after we started teaching her! Just goes to show that the Gospel does change lives for the better and make people want to be more like Christ. Interesting how a lot of parents here are having the example set for them by their kids. We just baptized the three Lovato kids, and now their mom is becoming more active, and their dad wants to listen to us! Big plans for the next month!
Looks like everyone is keeping busy and having a great time! Take care everyone, talk to you in a week!
Love,
Elder Wallace
Great pictures! Do you feel really tall sometimes? Dad
Yeah! Everyone stares at me on the buses! I´ve tried contacting the people who stare at me, but they get embarrassed and look out the window the rest of the time!


0 comments:
Post a Comment