Monday, August 30, 2010

Cambio Numero 4



Buenas Tardes from Esmeraldas!
That's right, I'm in a new area on the coast now!  I've been here for about an hour and a half and have not stopped sweating yet.  It's so hot!  But the people a super friendly here and I will be enjoying a lot of great food!  My new companion is Elder Larrea from Peru.  I'm pretty relieved to be here after a 7 hour bus ride!  And what were the chances that the lady sitting next to me was a former investigator who lost contact with the missionaries 20 years ago?  Pretty cool how the Lord prepares people like that.  She was put right in my path!
Let's backtrack to before the transfers, shall we?  We had two baptisms last Saturday, Rene Mantilla and his daughter Stefany.  It was probably the most interesting baptism so far because we had to squeeze it in between stake conference sessions.  President Sloan was also there, so that made it all the more exciting!  Sunday night we got the news of transfers at about 8.  So we ran around the area for some quick good-byes and then I went to pack.  The next morning at 7:30 I was on a bus headed down from the mountains!  Did I mention that it's really hot down here?
Anyway, I will let you all now how the coast works out as my new area!  I'm also glad to be here because Elder Hendrickson is in my zone!  (He was my companion in the MTC).  Well that's all for now, I'm off to go buy a mosquito net for my bed!  Take care everybody!
Love,
Elder Wallace
PS - Mom, Hermana Sloan says that there was a problem with the mission blog, so that's why there's no picture of my zone.  No worries!

Spencer is in Regocijo.

0 comments: