Monday, August 16, 2010

Hi!

Hello again everybody!
This week has been a great one!  We had three baptisms this Saturday, and are going to have two more next week!  I forgot my camera though.  Sorry!  I'll send some pictures later on!
We've been doing a lot of service this week.  It's kind of interesting how they build around here.  They kind of dig into the hills and build there.  I've also decided flying down the road in a rickety old truck sitting on top of a bunch of cinder blocks is quite the experience.  Luckily, we've found plenty of time to take care of the investigators as well.  We've found that the members need a lot of support as well, so we visit them too.  In return we get lots of references!  
This week we baptized three siblings:  Mariana, Patricia, and David Leon.  Their mom is a recent convert.  Really awesome to watch how much the people change as they accept the Gospel, especially since Mariana and David were super rebelious.  Now their dad wants to listen to us as well!  We've been working with a lot of part member families lately, which is cool because the inactive members are willing to let you teach the rest of their families, then they see the change in their familiy members who get baptized, and they start going to church again!  This next week we will be baptizing Rene Mantilla and his daughter Stefany.  The bishop is going to love us for this one, since priesthood holders are a bit hard to come by here in Ecuador.  We need more of them, and less single mothers. 
That's about it for the week!  We're still trying to change apartments, but we can't get a hold of the senior missionaries who are in charge of housing.  They seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth...  which is also causing a lot of freak-outs right now because they haven't sent us our support money and lots of missionaries are out right now (I'm fine because I counted on that happening!).   We're also going to be getting about 30 new missionaries soon, and a lot of new zones are going to be formed.  It will be interesting to see what will happen!  As for the earthquake this week, some of the missionaries felt it, but we didn't.  I can't remember if it was at 6 or 7 in the morning, so I was either in the shower, or still sleeping! 
That's all for now!  I'm doing great, haven't been sick in forever, and can understand what the people are saying to me!  (sometimes when we're contacting, that's a bad thing, but for the most part I enjoy it!).  Take care everyone!
Love,
Elder Wallace

0 comments: