Monday, August 9, 2010

HI!
















Cuy (they´re still small, not ready to eat yet).







































Jared Davila, who taught me the bad word.  ha!


Hello again everyone!  Sorry for not writing last week, we went on a hike to a waterfall, which lasted pretty much all day!  I became aware of mom emailing the mission offices when we I went to zone conference and was notified by several senior missionaries, as well as President Sloan, that I needed to email my mom.  So this week, no worries!  Unfortunately my camera had some issues and I lost my waterfall pictures.  Maybe there´s some on the mission blog?  I hope so! 
Last week was busy with conferences and trainings by President Sloan, but it was a great week anyway.  We sure do learn a lot from him.  This week is going to be eventful as well, since Elder Corado and I will be changing apartments!  We need to move out quickly because our neighbors moved away and have been replaced with three girls, all single and college age.  They´re the kind you definitely DON´T want as neighbors in the mission.  Our biggest worry is false accusations (everyone here thinks I´m rich), so we´ve been looking and should have a different apartment any day now.
Other than that, the work is going well here.  We should have three baptisms this weekend and two more the next.  Marcelo, who was baptized several weeks ago, was a great example for his three older siblings.  We´ve also been getting a lot of referrals (I think that´s the word)  from the members.  Our ward is great!  The investigators are doing well too.  I´m doing better with just about everything I think.  I can tell when we have the Spirit in our lessons because everyone gets really quiet, and I can speak really smoothly without having to think much about the language! 
That´s all for this week, hope all is well in the states!
Love,
Elder Wallace

0 comments: