Hey everybody! Another transfer in Ecuador has passed, another begins! Here´s what´s happened...
We called last night to find out the transfers, but were told to call the next day in the morning! That´s pretty stressful since we usually pack the night before. I woke up the next morning feeling sick as could be and thought to myself ´wow, I sure hope I stay in this area so that I can spend my p-day resting rather than traveling!´ So I called our district leader to find out the news. I felt relieved when he told me I would be staying in my area. The relief was short lived, however, as he told me to pack and get ready to go to Quito to pick up my new companion. Going to Quito to pick up your companion means only one thing - training a new missionary. So right now I´m waiting in the bus terminal to go back to Quito and pick up my companion and prepare for my most challenging transfer thus far! This will be an interesting experience, that´s for sure!
Let´s back things up a bit to this past week. All of the people who were trying to kill the president have been taken care of, and things are pretty peaceful once again. We had seven people come to sacrament meeting this week, the most this entire month! We found a couple, Daniel and Karen, who are very receptive and have accepted a baptismal date! After two really tough weeks, we are seeing some results! That´s always the good part. The Lord doesn´t reward us immediately, but he does reward us! We have found a lot of great people. One man told us, ´I got baptized by a pastor several years ago, but I don´t feel like I´m baptized because I don´t think he had the authority that you´re talking about´. Well. We´ll just have to help him out with that, now won´t we! That really put us at a loss for words, but made us very happy! A lot of people are prepared and ready to hear our message. Well, I´d better get ready to head out to Quito! Thank you for all of your letters!
Love,
Elder Wallace
A Presto
-
A Presto.
L'Italia, questo non è Addio.
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and pr...
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment