Hey Everyone!
My letter this week is going to be brief because I´m short on time! It´s been crazy because I´ve been in the hospital all of yesterday afternoon and all of this morning. I had to stay there overnight as well. But I got to leave around 3 this afternoon and things have been going pretty well.
As for my health, I´m doing great, seeing as I was not the one being hospitalized! We had to send all of the new missionaries to Quito to get legalized in the country, so I went with Elder Segura, my district leader. He´s from Costa Rica and is also training a new missionary, so I went on divisions with him. He wasn´t feeling too well, so he went and rested for a while. But then he got a really bad fever and could barely even walk, so we called his bishop and took him to the hospital. And there I was with him for 24 hours! Extremely boring, since he slept all day. Luckily I brought my mini Book of Mormon with me, so I had something to do for all that time. At 9 pm his bishop came and brought us food, which I was REALLY grateful for, seeing as it was the first Sunday of the month! I got lucky when they released the guy in the bed next to Elder Segura and told me I could sleep there. I did NOT want to spend the night in a hard plastic chair! I was kind of worried about nurses bursting into the room all night long, but the night passed incident-free. Now I´m with another elder, and we´re writing frantically before we have to go back to the hospital (ick!) But all is going well and we are finding lots of receptive people. A lot of mean people as well, I had a guy spit at me the other day as well as another try to hit me with a rock from on top of a hill. Other than that, we´re getting accepted quite nicely. Good to hear about everyone´s birthdays, and about all the family trips. Hope all goes well! As for questions that I´ve received... we have a little electric piano for sacrament meeting, I only get to play it once a week, but it´s better than nothing. Also, the dialect is a bit different around here. The people are a bit more sloppy with their Spanish. And they talk fast. I´ve learned a lot of new words, some of which I wish I didn´t know. But hey, what can you do? But anyway, that´s all the time I have, so I´ll talk to you all next week!
Love,
Elder Wallace
A Presto
-
A Presto.
L'Italia, questo non è Addio.
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and pr...
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment