Monday, April 18, 2011

Chimborazo!




Hey everybody!

First of all, I want to say happy birthday dad!  Well, three days ago, but still.  I hope it went well!

We climbed Chimborazo today!  It was pretty cool, since I haven´t seen snow in such a long time!  You should have seen the missionaries who have almost never seen snow in their entire lives!  The place we went to was 16,000 feet up, which is super tiring because there´s no air!  It was also really hot because the sun is so strong up there!  Kind of a weird combination.

What else...?  President Sloan visited our branch this weekend!  I think for the first time.  He gave a super powerful lesson on faith, which helped a couple that we´re teaching to make the decision to be baptized.  I was really grateful for that because when we first started teaching them they were on the brink of divorce.  We will keep working with them.  I liked President Sloan´s thoughts on faith - when members go inactive, it´s not because they got offended or because something is keeping them from going.  It is because they lack sufficient faith in the Savior and His promises.  Always something to think about.

We also found a really great family of about 14 people!  The only catch is that they live half an hour away!  We still went there Sunday morning to take them to church, and about a third of them came.  That made me really tired, but it was still great that they came!  They invited us to come over for ¨Good Friday¨, but that´s when I have a meeting two hours away... I´m still pretty interested to see what some of the Easter traditions are here.  I hear that everybody wants to be reconciled with God during that week, so maybe we´ll have an easier time getting people to listen!  We´ll see!


Love,

Elder Wallace

0 comments: