Monday, April 25, 2011

Cuy, Communism, and Easter Traditions


Buenas Tardes!

I don´t have much time right now, so my letter will be brief! I´m writing from the bus terminal in Quito!

So what am I doing in the bus terminal in Quito? I had to get some little card of mine renewed so that I stay legal for one more year! We went to Quito, then had to come all the way back to the terminal. The streets were really blocked up because of the COMMUNIST PROTESTS!!! Turns out that the president here wants to make the country communist. It did kind of freak me out seeing all of the read flags with the little sickle and hammer on them. I´d prefer all that to stay in the cold-war-era movies! But anyway, I just hope nothing happens that will get me booted out of the country! We´ll see.

Now we are heading back to peaceful little Guaranda. Easter went well, I tried Fanesca twice. It´s pretty good. I also got to eat some more guinea pig, and was kind enough to take a video of it. So I will send that as soon as possible. Everyone was a lot more calm during the week. Lots of traditions as well. Huge groups of people parading their statues down the street, lots of people wanting to repent, and NO MEAT! Lots of fish though. LOTS of fish! I didn´t mind that at all. It was quite tasty.

Our priority now is to prepare the Naranjo family for their baptism this weekend! They are a great young couple who really needed our help! I´ll give more news on that later!

Well I´m out! See you later, and I will write next week!

Love,

Elder Wallace

0 comments: