Monday, March 28, 2011

Six More Weeks!


Buenas Tardes!

Well, I´m looking at six more weeks here in Guaranda!  We didn´t have any changes at all here.  I´m glad for that because I have really enjoyed it here.  The members are great, and we have plenty of people to teach.  It always takes forever to find out who´s going where, but finally I can have peace of mind again!  

We have some great investigators right now, with several who are sooooo close!  They just need to get to church!  You wouldn´t believe how the people here can crank out excuses!  But we will persist!  Our golden investigator right now is named Martha.  She used to be a Jehovah´s Witness, but stopped attending there 3 years ago.  She has a great testimony, and even said she stood up for us when one of her friends was making negative remarks!  She is going to be baptized in two weeks, so we´re getting her well prepared!  She was a bit suprised when we told her that she CAN get baptized in less than a year and she does NOT have to take a written exam!

Well, that´s about all for now!  I´m super excited for conference this week!  The only tough part is that it is two hours away!  That´s all right though.  I think I´ve already read the last conference report at least a dozen times, so it will be nice to get some new counsel from the prophet!  Good to hear about the ward baptisms and about all the good things happening in Roosevelt.  And do you know what mom?  I´ve already tried coconut water several times!  It´s pretty good.  I never thought of it as ´nature´s gatorade´.  All I know is that if you´re not careful, it´s nature´s laxative!  Supposed to be good for your kidneys though.  Or something like that.  As for the easter package... let´s see.  All my clothes are holding up well.  How about a jump drive?  That would be great!  I think that´s all.  Food is always welcome!  Thanks for everything!

Love,

Elder Wallace


And yes, I´m the one floating on the lava.  My companion is the next one down, the one with his rear on fire.  ha!  That story of the father stealing from the fields is in a book we have.  that ´children´s book of virtues´.  I think it´s called ´Somebody sees you.´ Great story!

0 comments: